Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Reflecting


It's hard to know where these past two months have gone.  For sure, I've spent many of those days traveling in all kinds of different directions.  It's good to now be home... and able to just look "back" on some of those miles on planes, trains and automobiles!

In October, I took three ladies from my church in Katowice and we drove 12+ hours one-way to get to Rivne, Ukraine.  The adventure was quite enjoyable for us all (border crossings and all) and we ended up at a Young Women's Conference at a church where my friend and her Ukrainian husband (great to be with you Lindsay and Andrej!) are serving.  I spoke 4 times in two days to these dear women about caring for our bodies and souls.  After each talk, my three Polish friends and I each led a "spa" treatment and spoiled the girls there.  One of the greatest joys for me, besides talking while massaging Ukrainian girls' hands, was to see the Polish ladies get out of their comfort zone and begin using their Russian (studied it many years earlier in school), Polish and limited English to try to talk with the girls.  We also had such a great time together in the car and siteseeing in Lviv on our way home.  What a treat this time was in every way.  I pray that God will use my words to continue to speak to the girls about "being healthy" in all ways.

A few pictures:


A week after I returned from Ukraine, we all left for our trip to the US and Canada for Josiah Venture's 2x3 campaign.  If you don't know what that's about, check out www.2x3campaign.com to learn more.  Basically, we're asking God to double our fruit in the next three years.  It was SO fun to see so many of you.  We were first in Denver for a time with family and friends and then headed to Canada.  A few pictures from there:

No comments: